Art and Design
The key aims for pupils within key stage 1 in terms of art and design are to:
- Be able to use a range of materials, creatively, to design and make products.
- Use drawing, painting and sculpture to develop and share their ideas, experiences, and imagination. Develop a wide range of art and design techniques using colour, pattern, texture, line, shape, form, and space.
- Learn about the work of a range of artists, craft makers and designers, describing the differences and similarities between practices and disciplines, and making links to their own work.
The key aims for pupils within key stage 2 in terms of art and design are to:
- Create sketchbooks to record their observations and use those sketchbooks to review and revisit ideas.
- Improve their mastery of art and design techniques including pencil, charcoal, paint, and clay.
- Learn about great artists, architects and designers in history