Bothal Primary School’s Curriculum Aims:
- fulfil statutory requirements.
- enable pupils to fulfil their potential.
- meet the needs of young people of all abilities.
- provide equal access for all pupils to a full range of learning experiences beyond statutory guidelines.
- help pupils to develop lively, enquiring minds, an ability to question and argue rationally and an ability to apply themselves to tasks and physical skills.
- include the following characteristics: breadth, balance, relevance, differentiation, progression, continuity and coherence.
- ensure continuity and progression within the school and between phases of education.
- foster teaching styles, which will offer and encourage a variety of relevant learning opportunities.
- help pupils to use language, handwriting and number effectively.
- help pupils develop personal moral values, respect for religious values and tolerance of other races’ beliefs and ways of life, including an understanding and respect for fundamental British values.
- Help pupils understand the world in which they live.
- Equip children with the knowledge and understanding needed to live a healthy lifestyle.
- ensure that the curriculum incorporates, and is improved and extended by, the partnership’s threads of: STEM, PE and Performing Arts.
- seek external accreditation of pathways modules for learners across the primary school (for example: primary arts award, junior young PE leaders, Primary Engineers).
If you would like discuss any aspect of the school’s curriculum, please contact the following staff via the school office:
Mrs A Parker (2 Year Olds, Nursery and Reception)
Mrs L Johnson (KS1 inc. PSHE, reading schemes and RWI)
Mr A Spence (RE/PSHE)
Mr A Judson (Science KS2)
Mrs E Pink (English KS2)
Mr A Kemp (Maths KS2)
Mrs H Walker (Computing and E-Safety)
Miss R Alexander (History and Geography)
Mr A Hewitt (PE)
Mr M Browell (Music KS2)
Miss C Deal (Art and D/T)
Mr J Palmer (STEM)
Miss L. Hall (Whole school overview)